Sunday 22 July 2012

First ever blog!

Welcome to my very first ever blog! As a beaming University student I must complete a weekly blog in order to pass.. and the mantra for many students alike is p's get degrees, however, this semester I have vowed to focus on aiming for higher grades! So here goes my first blog focusing on globalisation. (and only 2 weeks late too! Be proud!!)

So this week we cover the topic of globalisation, which originally went through one ear and out the other. Until I came across the definition by Thompson (1995) in "Theorizing media and globalisation" by Tehri Rantanen as "the growing interconnectedness of different parts of the world, a process which gives rise to complex forms of interaction and interdependency."
This can include socially, culturally, politically, economically and technoglically. These 'flows' of globalisation are all linked with the media and with capital. So the main question we must ask ourselves is whether they are evenly distributed? A key example is where we can our main movies from...America or occassionally England. Even Aussie films don't make a huge impact in our own cinemas. For me, globalisation is simply the world evolving! Thankyou for reading my first ever blog, I hope it wasn't too bad when the idea of it came to me at a 2am in the morning! Thinking about globalisation instead of getting my beauty sleep!!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you seem really enthusiastic and that really comes through in the way you write and while I agree with your argument that globalisation is just the world evolving I would have liked to read why you thought that and whether you think it is getting better or worst. I like your energy though.

    ReplyDelete